Didn’t blog last week 😦 Lame excuse but work is keeping me busy.
My favorite type of food is Mexican Food. Perhaps it is because I was born and raised in San Diego. I don’t know. But I could eat Mexican food for most every meal. Life is definitely better with chips, salsa, & guacamole.
Here are a few of my favorite places to go:
Los Angeles Area:
Lares – 2909 Pico Blvd. Santa Monica, CA
What I love about Lares:
– Mole Sauce I can eat by the spoonful
– Mariachis (I love Mariachis)
Monte Alban – 11929 Santa Monica Blvd. Los Angeles, CA
What I love about Monte Alban:
– My 7 year old son thinks this is the greatest restaurant in LA, he refers to it as “Oaxaca”. There is never an argument about going here.
– Ensalada de Nopalitos (Cactus Salad)
Tortilla Republic – 616 N. Robertson Blvd. West Hollywood, CA
What I love about Tortilla Republic:
– Great space, cool decor, lively atmosphere
– Mole Enchiladas (yes I love Mole)
– Margarita Bar with lots of delicious choices
San Diego Area:
Tony’s Jacal – Solana Beach, CA
What I love about Tony’s:
– Family owned and operated since 1946. My family started going there in 1980 and went weekly throughout my childhood.
– Amazing cabbage salad
– Nachos that will blow your mind
Some people may tell you Fidel’s is better. I strongly disagree if you are judging based on food.