I’ve been in NYC for an eternity. Okay only since Sunday but I swear one day in NY feels like 3 days to me. I was busy with work so sorry to my friends in NYC if I didn’t reach out. I’ll be back. Anyhow, I had lofty ambitions outside of work. I was going to try and different workout every day. #Fail
However, tonight on my last night, I made it to Flywheel. It was awesome. There are 2 Flywheel locations in LA (West Hollywood and Larchmont) but I’ve never been. Flywheel is indoor cycling but in my opinion it is vastly different from SoulCycle and I firmly believe you can like both.
Here is what I loved about Flywheel:
– I got super sweaty (sweat is fat crying)
– It was over in 45 minutes
– Accountability – Each bike has a little computer that measures your resistance and speed (no more cheating and pretending to put on a full turn)
– Torq Boards – You can choose to have your performance display on leaderboards in class so you can see how you rank against other riders. This was super motivating as I wanted to be first.
– Performance metrics provided in your own private account (snapshot from my account below)
Looks like I’ll be heading East of the 405 more often